The world in which Austin Adventures’ guests explore will be significantly enlarged next year with 22 brand-new adventures including the reemergence of dedicated hiking programs and an expanded portfolio of small-ship cruises. Spanning seven continents are a total of over 80 itineraries representing the biggest collection of offerings in the company’s nearly four-decade history. (For details on 22 new itineraries see: https://www.austinadventures.com/tour-packages/new-2019-trips/).
And on many trips guests will reap significant savings. “We’ve kept 2019 pricing at 2018 levels on over half of the existing departures,” said Dan Austin, Founder and President. With 2019 already shaping up to be another banner year, Austin credits loyal and repeat clients who tell the company where they most want to go next. A full roster of 2019 itineraries is available in a new 60-page catalog that can be ordered (or downloaded) online: https://www.austinadventures.com/request-catalog/.
Hiking is a major focus for 2019 with new trip itineraries suggested by alumni guests and developed by Austin’s veteran staff. New adventures include:
- Alberta – Banff Hike Adventure that over six days delves deep into the wild side of Banff National Park and the Canadian Rockies. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/alberta-banff-hike/
- Arizona / Utah – Grand Canyon to Bryce and Zion explores three national parks over eight days. Guides know where to avoid the crowds on back country hikes into worlds that reward those who make the extra effort on foot. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/grand-canyon-bryce-zion-2/
- Portugal – Active Azores over nine days hikes, kayaks and bikes through a geographically diverse region enroute to sipping the wine of the tsars in the Pico Island vineyards, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Additional time is spent whale watching in the exotic Azores. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/portugal-active-azores/
- Switzerland / Italy – Lugano to Como puts the Alps into perspective, as well as the Matterhorn and Apennines. Guests walk up to nine miles a day for six days through some of the world’s most stunning, lake-strewn alpine scenery with always the promise of la cucina at day’s end. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/switzerland-italy-lugano-to-como/
To review all of Austin Adventures’ hiking itineraries (new and classic) please see: https://www.austinadventures.com/tour-packages/hiking-vacations/
Small ship cruising is growing in popularity thanks to a world-wide surge of new and converted expedition vessels ranging from 12 to 200 passengers. Austin Adventures’ collection of newly added small ship cruises include:
- Baja – Sea of Cortez that island hops through adventure, sun-splashed shores and prolific wildlife (boobies, pelicans, frigate birds; humpback, gray, pilot, and blue whales; whale sharks, dolphins, sea turtles and stingrays). Think snorkeling with sea lion pups! This is an eight-day program aboard the 232-foot Safari Endeavour that accommodates up to 84 guests. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/mexico-baja-cruise/
- Costa Rica / Panama: San Jose to Panama Canal is a nine-day exploration of tropical coasts, beaches and wildlife refuges aboard the 174-foot expedition vessel Safari Voyager. Up to 62 guests will experience a star-lit night transit of the Panamá Canal along with the finest opportunities for wildlife encounters, paddling, snorkeling and hiking. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/costa-rica-panama-san-jose-to-panama-canal/
- Hawaiian Seascapes is an eight-day tropical cruise through an island paradise aboard the 36-guest, 145-foot Safari Explorer. The itinerary visits four islands with ample time for snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, touring local farms and museums, and nighttime marine wildlife encounters. https://www.austinadventures.com/packages/hawaii-cruise/
For more details on Austin Adventures’ expanded small ship cruise collection see: https://www.austinadventures.com/tour-packages/small-ship-cruises/
For more information, questions and trip availability, please call 1.800.575.1540 or email [email protected]. For a full roster of Austin Adventures’ 2018-2019 trips, cruises and distinctive accommodations on seven continents please visit http://www.austinadventures.com.
Austin Adventures is a Travel + Leisure Magazine World’s Best Award Winner and a Virtuoso Preferred Tour Operator.
About Austin Adventures
Based in Billings, Montana, Austin Adventures has spent over 40 years building an international reputation as a top provider of luxury, small group, multisport tours for adults and families to the world’s most captivating destinations. They have been acknowledged twice by Travel + Leisure Magazine with the prestigious World’s Best Awards along with other national media accolades and distinctions. Austin Adventures has perfected the art of creating itineraries featuring exceptional regional dining, distinctive accommodations, incredible guides and exhilarating activities, all while keeping all-inclusive rates and services the norm. In addition to scheduled group departures on all seven continents, Austin Adventures has developed a reputation as the leader in customized trip planning and execution, all backed by the industry’s best money-back satisfaction guarantee.