CW Safaris have created a special once-in-a-lifetime experience for those who are eager to be involved in wildlife conservation in Africa. The 9-day journey in Namibia gives guests the opportunity to actively participate in the preservation of Africa’s natural beauty and wildlife on a unique safari that focuses on the conservation of its most iconic species.
Vast even by African standards, Namibia is an ageless land of colorful deserts, huge mountains, and magnificent, rare animals. Behold this beautiful country and actively participate in its preservation on a unique safari that allows travelers and animal-lovers to focus on the conservation of its most endangered species: the black rhino, cheetah, leopard, desert-adapted elephant and Angolan giraffe.
Savor days out in the wilderness tracking cheetah and black rhino on foot, in the company of knowledgeable guides and trackers who can tell each individual animal’s history. Meet with noted conservationists and gain an insider’s perspective on the opportunities and challenges they face. Most exciting of all: be a part of a field team that will collar and examine giraffe in the wild, working under the expert guidance of Dr. Julian Fennessy, one of the world’s leading experts on the species.
The protection of Africa’s biodiversity is of critical importance; your journey will be a vital part of this effort. Highlights include joining the field team of Dr. Julian Fennessy, the founder of the Giraffe Conservation Foundation, on an expedition to collar and examine this majestic animal in the wild. Travelers also track the exceedingly rare black rhino on foot, and learn all about efforts to conserve it during a visit to the headquarters of the Save the Rhino Trust. Observe desert-adapted elephant in the wild, and discover how they have changed their behavior to thrive in a semi-arid environment. Animal lovers can also enjoy close encounters with cheetah and leopard during a visit to Okonjima’s AfriCat Foundation, an organization that helps protect big cats in the region.
CW Safaris include the following:
- Experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable guides and the service of a local representative
- All meals included; local wine and beer included with dinners
- Boutique hotels, safari lodge, and rustic camp while on tour
- Airport meet-and-greet service
- Transportation from the meeting to the departure point
- All park fees and special events as noted in the itinerary
- Destination information (weather, visa requirements, etc.) and other travel assistance available 24/7 provided by One Call International
- The unbeatable and cumulative experience of the CW Safaris staff
To book this special safari, or to request a catalog, visit www.CWSafaris.com.