National Geographic Expeditions has entered into its fifth year in partnership with G Adventures and added eight new trips to their National Geographic Journeys collection, all of which provide an enriching, in-depth look at the history, culture, and natural heritage of a destination. The newly announced itineraries add three new countries to the Journeys product line: Ireland, Singapore and Greece, which are now on sale and available to agents and travelers around the world for 2020 booking.
National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures tours combine hands-on experiences, local connections, and a range of optional activities that create truly memorable moments. On the new 2020 trips, for example, travelers will have the opportunity to learn about Irish folklore at a storytelling dinner in Dublin, Ireland; taste a flavorful culinary fusion on a street food walking tour in Singapore; and explore Athens’ ancient sites, including the Acropolis, alongside an archaeologist guide.
The new additions, which start from USD $1,999 per person, visit multiple countries on three continents and range from eight to 22 days in length. Each small-group tour will be led by a specially-trained CEO (Chief Experience Officer), who will deliver unforgettable activities and experiences for travelers, while also allowing them flexibility and free time.
“We are thrilled to announce the new program of trips for 2020,” says Heather Heverling, Senior Vice President of Product Management, National Geographic Expeditions. “These itineraries will allow travelers to learn, experience, see and taste more than ever before.”
Adding to an already robust offering that includes 91 different National Geographic Journeys in 54 countries, the new trips for 2020 expand the product’s global reach even farther, offering travelers combinable itineraries that allow more time to explore a wider region.For example, the 16-day trip to Brazil, Argentina, and Chile will take travelers on an action-packed adventure where they will tour the Mendoza wine country, dance the tango in Buenos Aires and enjoy the carioca lifestyle in Rio de Janeiro. In addition to these highlights, travelers will witness the thundering cascades of Iguaçu Falls and see thrilling wildlife in the wetlands of the Pantanal.
“The new trips are a direct response to the feedback that travelers have been giving us about the places they most want to explore next,” said Ben Perlo, G Adventures’ Managing Director for the U.S. and Latin America. “From Ireland to Mexico, Greece to Bangkok, the new Journeys will bring people to some of the most in-demand travel destinations on Earth, but in a way that is more authentic, immersive and sustainable than the typical vacation. It’s adventure for the person who wants to learn more, do more, and share more of themselves with the world.”
- Cultural Wonders of Mexico– 9 days from $1,999 - Mexico is a feast for the senses—the sounds of chaotic Mexico City, the sights of ancient civilizations, the flavors of regional cuisine. On this journey, experience the many intriguing faces of Mexico, from UNESCO World Heritage–listed monuments dating to the country’s pre-Hispanic past to avant-garde art and a thriving night life. Then try your hand at whipping up mouth-watering mole and enjoy a sip or two of mezcal.
- Iconic Ireland– 9 days from $2,799 - A land of ancient legends, epic folktales, and grand traditions, Ireland is a destination that will truly transport you back in time. Uncover Celtic culture and admire medieval architecture across the stunning countryside and delve into historic Dublin and the “rebel city” of Cork. Eat, dance, and sing with locals—even kiss the Blarney Stone—as you follow the roots of Irish culture to its core and come home with some Irish ballads of your own.
- Explore Chile and Argentina– 8 days from $2,799 - Eat and sip your way through the vibrant cities and colorful landscapes of Chile and Argentina on an eight-day adventure from Santiago to Buenos Aires. Tour the stunning Argentine wine region of Mendoza, home to over a thousand wineries, and indulge in a meal of local specialties with wine pairings. Explore the charming historic quarter of Valparaíso and relax in the elegant sidewalk cafés of Buenos Aires.
- Singapore to Bangkok Journey– 15 days from $2,849 - Experience a whirlwind of unforgettable flavors, sights, and sensations on an exploration of three Southeast Asian countries. Discover bustling markets and fascinating museums, tranquil temples and turquoise waters as we venture from futuristic Singapore to Malaysia’s multicultural cities; and from Thailand’s idyllic Ko Yao Yai island to the delightfully chaotic urban hub of Bangkok.
- Greece: Ancient Ruins & Iconic Islands– 12 days from $2,899 - Step back in time on a journey to Greece, where iconic ruins bring ancient history to life. Explore the awe-inspiring monuments of Athens and the stunning Cyclades islands; and run and jump in the footsteps of ancient Greek athletes at the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Then venture to the olive-covered hills and rugged coasts of the Peloponnese, where some of Homer’s Iliadand Odysseyplayed out; and savor the delightfully fresh flavors of Greek cuisine.
- Explore Brazil– 9 days from $3,099 - Connect with the lively rhythms of urban culture and venture deep into extraordinary ecosystems on a nine-day adventure in Brazil. On the colorful streets and sun-drenched beaches of Rio de Janeiro, learn to dance the samba and meet the costumers of Brazil’s famed Carnival. Venture into the tropical wetland wilderness of the Pantanal in search of caimans, capybaras, and other incredible creatures; and stand in the mists of spectacular Iguaçu Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand Explorer– 22 days from $4,099 - Southeast Asia comes alive on this trip from the dynamic streets of Singapore to the lush rainforests of Malaysia and Thailand’s stunning temples. Cross the boundary between the city and the wild in Singapore’s Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and the Lake Gardens of Kuala Lumpur and explore echoes of extraordinary history in Melaka and the ancient Thai capital of Ayutthaya. Savor local flavors at bustling markets overflowing with exotic fruits and during a Thai cooking class.
- Discover Brazil, Argentina, and Chile– 16 days from $5,999 - Experience the vibrant cultures and diverse wildlife of South America on a 16-day action-packed adventure to Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. Sip world-class wines in the sweeping vineyards of Mendoza, dance the tango on the streets of Buenos Aires, and stroll the golden sands of Rio de Janeiro. Then discover the continent’s wilder side amid the verdant wetlands of the Pantanal and the thundering cascades of Iguaçu Falls.
For the questions or booking, please consult your preferred travel advisor, visit: gadventures.com/ngj2020, or call: 1-800-281-8326.