CRUISE BY BIKE & RIVERBOAT FROM ANCIENT ANGKOR TO BUSTLING SAIGON
A NEW WAY TO EXPLORE THE MEKONG
A unique opportunity to journey by bike and boat from the temples of Angkor to Vietnam’s southern capital is now available for the first time in the region, on a trip crafted from the ground up by the team at Grasshopper Adventures.
The 11-day itinerary, departing from Siem Reap, caters well for non-cycling partners, family or friends to join also, offering optional walking or biking activities in the morning. This swaps out the regular formula of full days of cycling, with ones divided between mornings spent exploring quite paths, cultures and communities on two wheels and afternoons cruising the Mekong River.
People will have the option of spending the first half of the day taking part in cycling or non-cycling, land-based activities and guided tours, before joining up again for afternoons spent cruising Southeast Asia's largest river. This is a cross-border journey through networks of canals, lush farmland, fertile waters and one of the world’s richest areas of biodiversity, from the ancient heart of the Khmer Empire to the lush Mekong Delta region. There is no comparable trip in the region like it!
The itinerary has been carefully crafted to include locations for exploring off-the-beaten-track routes away from the boat, and this makes it stand apart from other Mekong cruises connecting similar destinations in Vietnam and Cambodia.
“We wanted to create a trip that was inclusive of non-cycling partners or family, featuring meaningful activities for both. This strikes a great balance and it’s also paired with the convenience of not needing to move rooms frequently.” Grasshopper Adventures Chief Executive Adam Platt-Hepworth
See the full itinerary on the website for more information.
Brief Trip Summary (downstream itinerary)
- Day 1 - Arrival Day Siem Reap - Briefing, welcome dinner and drinks
- Day 2 - Angkor Sunrise - Guided tour of Angkor Wat and surrounding temples
- Day 3 - Explore Siem Reap and Board ship - See more local sights before boarding your vessel
- Day 4 - Kampong Tralach - Countryside cycle, river cruise and village exploration
- Day 5 - Phnom Penh - City tour, and free evening
- Day 6 - Chau Doc - Cruise over the Cambodian/Vietnam border, local industry tour
- Day 7 - Cao Lanh - Exploring the delta by bike or sampan (sort or long cycle options)
- Day 8 - Cai Be - Delta village and industry tour by bicycle or boat
- Day 9 - My Tho - Walking tour or cycle the small paths and trails of the delta
- Day 10 - Explore Saigon - City walking tour
- Day 11 - Saigon Departure Day - Following breakfast the tour concludes we can offer airport transfers
Departs: Siem Reap (limited upstream dates departing from Ho Chi Minh)
Dates/Price: Please see the Mekong Bike & Boat Adventure tour page for up-to-date information.
Inclusions: most meals (often seeking out excellent and interesting local choices) and accommodation in high-quality hotels or comfortable private twin or double cabins aboard the boat. No single supplement for those happy with a same gender room share.
Exclusions: flights, alcohol, drinks other than those provided during meals and snack breaks.