As Green World Adventures (GWA) is a company that is concerned about sustainable developement, we provide social, cultural and environmentally responsible vacations in Costa Rica. Our trips are carefully designed. The trips involve local communities, a visit to natural areas such as private reserves and national parks and bring the local culture and traditions of Cost Rican closer to our customers.
GWA holds 4 levels out of 5 of the CertificationforSustainable Tourism in Costa Rica. We are seeking to reach successfully 5 levels in the near future. Moreover, we also support several projects and non-profit organizations that are expending social and environmental efforts in Costa Rica.
Please visit our website for more information: http://www.greenworldadventures.com/responsible-tourism/
Since, it is significant not to harm the environment, the culture, the animals and the people of the country you are visiting we would like to give you recommendations how to travel more responsible and sustainable, first of all, if you are doing any tours in the country you are visiting, it is important to find an agency like the Exotic Voyages which respects the environment and the surroundings, this will help you to appreciate a lot more the trip.
In the following we listed a few tips that may help you to reduce to have an bad impact and help the communities and government institutions to protect their natural resources:
- Learn about current environmental issues in the places you are visiting. Different regions will have different situations based on their ecosystems.
- Use water sparingly. Many communities face water shortages and water usage costs money. One small gesture you can make is to take quick showers.
- Carry a reusable water bottle. If tap water is healthy to drink where you are traveling (Central Valley Costa Rica), reduce your environemtal impact abroad by avoiding bottled water and bring a reusable water bottle.
- Save electricity. Turn off lights, air conditioners, and heaters when you are not in the room, unless you are concerned with humidifier benefits for your health of course.
- Do not disturb the wildlife. Maintain a proper distance at all times. Try to be quiet among small communities of people or areas where there is wildlife.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recyle. Always try to use less - reduce. Recycle everything you can. In Costa Rica you can find recycling baskets at hotels, national parks or many other places.
- Buy local, eat local. Rather than heading to a chain grocery or department store (where more energy is used to ship food further distances), stop by a local market or a street stand.
- Do not litter! Even if you notice the locals doing so, try to find a container to dispose of your litter.
- Use accomodations that have a reputation for being sustainable. Sustainability can mean many things: accommodations that recycle, use alternative forms of energy, are owned by or employ locals, contribute to local causes.
If you want to receive more information or advice for your sustainable trip to Costa Rica, just send an e-mail to [email protected].
Or visit our blog: http://www.greenworldadventures.com/2017/03/28/tips-for-a-sustainable-trip-in-costa-rica/