Peru is the ideal family destination for all ages to explore the awe-inspiring scenery and discover fascinating local traditions up-close. Drawing on over 20 years of experience designing trips to Peru for families, Aracari has crafted a special 9 day / 8 night Peru Family Adventure that perfectly balances exciting, outdoor adventures with truly authentic insight into Peruvian ways of life.
Taking in the country's top destination highlights of Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and the Sacred Valley, this privately-guided Peru Family Adventure fits perfectly into a one-week school vacation and can be tailored to your interests, travel style and time. Read the full itinerary.
Peru Family Adventure Highlights
Experienced family guides have mastered the art of educators-come-entertainers as guests hike the one-day Inca trail trek to Machu Picchu, zipline over the Sacred Valley or raft down rapids outside Cusco: adventure pursuits are tailored to match kid’s ages and adrenaline barometers! With ready-waiting transfers from touch down to departure, guests can relax and kick back in a safe environment staying in handpicked, top-notch hotels.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1 International arrival into Lima
- Day 2 Morning Urban Eats food tour of South America's culinary capital; Afternoon visit to Lima's historic city center
- Day 3 Fly to Cusco and transfer to the Sacred Valley meeting llamas and alpacas en route
- Day 4 Choose adventure activities in the Sacred Valley: hike Maras and Moray, Standup paddle board and mountain bike or climb a via ferrata & zipline
- Day 5 Hike the one day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Day 6 Second day at Machu Picchu with optional hikes. Vistadome train and transfer to Cusco
- Day 7 Private hands-on cooking class. Family scavenger hunt through Cusco OR city tour.
- Day 8 Full-day white-water rafting
- Day 9 Fly Lima to Cusco. International departure.
Tailormade Family Travel to Peru with Aracari
Aracari has over two decades of experience in designing bespoke family adventures, from planning multi-generational trips that bring families together, catering to the practical travel needs of parent's with babies and toddlers in tow, understanding how to entertain teenagers of different ages and interests, to providing first-class logistics for seamless, safe trips. We're here to help make your family travel planning easy and have developed a wealth of unique family-friendly experiences to inspire. Read more about Aracari's Peru family tours.
Contact us now for more information on Peru family travel or to learn more about Aracari.