Attempt to be the highest – 4 NEW worldwide mountaineering trips for 2018 from KE Adventure Travel
Posted: November 27, 2017
Story by KE Adventure Travel
Be the highest person in South America, the highest in Europe, be the first back on the summit of Ecuador’s Cotopaxi as it finally reopens, or summit over 6000m in Nepal. KE is the UK’s leading expert on worldwide mountaineering trips – we are trusted to deliver the most challenging of trips. Here’s what you can conquer in 2018:
Aconcagua Ascent – reach 22,841 feet
Climb Aconcagua, South America’s highest peak, via the Normal Route for the best summit chances
- Travel to Argentina and summit Aconcagua - one of the continental `7 Summits`
- Additional acclimatization and summit days for the best chance of summit success
- Assistance of porters to carry group equipment to high camps
- Climb via the Normal Route for the best chance of summiting
Why? Our expert guides, excellent acclimatization programme and up to 3 possible summit days will give you the best chance of summiting. What's more, our price includes the Aconcagua permit fee and ALL of our departure dates for 2017/18 are guaranteed to run.
Climb Mont Blanc - reach 15,774 feet
Climb the highest peak in Europe via the Classic Route - the KE itinerary maximises summit success
- Two opportunities to summit Mont Blanc after three fantastic days of acclimatization
- Idyllically located mountain huts; The Albert Premier and the Cabane du Trient
- Wonderful chalet accommodation in Argentiere; perfect for relaxing and preparation
- The classic route to the summit with guide ratio 1:2 during the climb of Mont Blanc staying at either the Tete Rousse Hut or the new Gouter Hut.
Why? Best guides in the business with a 1:2 ratio, excellent 3-day acclimatization programme and
2 possible summit days will give you the best chance of summiting.
Ecuador’s Triple Crown – Cotopaxi re-opens - reach 20,702 feet
Climb the three highest peaks in Ecuador as Cotopaxi re-opens for mountaineering
- Be the first to climb Cotopaxi (5,897m) since 2015
- Climb Chimborazo (6310m) and stand on the furthest point from the center of the Earth!
- Summit Ecuador’s third largest peak Cayambe (5790m) and Illiniza Norte (5020m)
- Preparation climbs on Imbabura (4616m), Yanaurco (4535m) and skills training on Cayambe
- Four-day acclimatization trek through the beautiful Cotacachi-Cayapas bio-reserve
Why? 4-day trek acclimatization programme, mountaineering skills training course,
highly skilled guides and small group size.
Saribung Peak and the Damodar Himal Reconnaissance - reach 20,757 feet
A trekking and climbing reconnaissance in Nepal, from Mustang to Naar-Phu
- An adventurous trek with the optional ascent of Saribung Peak (6328m)
- Mustang, the Damodar Himal and the Annapurnas
- A trekking reconnaissance with IFMGA Guides
- Cross the Saribung Pass and trek out via the remote village of Phu
Why? A fantastic opportunity to join a reconnaissance of a new trekking route through a remote part of Nepal and including the ascent of a straightforward (and yet rarely climbed) 6000-meter peak.
Other mountaineering trips that conquer the highest peaks NEW in 2017:
The Grossglockner - Austria's Triple Crown
Climb the three highest peaks within the Austrian Alps
- Summit the Wildspitze (3,770m), Grossvenediger (3,666m) and the Grossglockner (3,798m)
- Experience the dramatic scenery of the Austrian Tyrol
- Alpine meadows, snow-capped peaks and chocolate box villages
- All breakfasts and dinners and all uplift included
Why? The peaks of the Austrian Tyrol offer superb climbing away from the Chamonix crowds in the Mont Blanc range. If you've climbed Mont Blanc or if you just want something different, take our Austrian Three Peak Challenge.
8 days from £2,345 Land only
Climb Gran Paradiso, the highest peak in Italy, in just a long weekend holiday
- Traverse Gran Paradiso, the only 4000m peak entirely in Italy
- Trek across the stunning Vallee Blanche to the Aiguille du Midi
- Guiding ratio of 1:4 for the whole weekend
- Relax on the last night in a chalet in Chamonix, complete with sauna and hot tub
Why? By having 3 days in the mountains, we give you two chances to reach the summit of Gran Paradiso, all in just one long weekend.
5 days from £845 Land only