Wild Planet Adventures, the international wildlife-viewing experts, wants people to have fun planning an exotic wildlife vacation by sharing and crowd sourcing stories and advice about the destinations and animals they hope to encounter in the wild.
And telling stories is just one way this company excels on its newly launched website with lavish large-format photography that will leave digital visitors hungry for the real thing when the animal parade is over.
“With eye-popping photographs we've been able to get viewers as close as possible to real travel moments and the exhilaration of authentic wildlife encounters,” says Josh Cohen, Wild Planet Adventures founder/owner. “We've used as many authentic photographs as we could on the new website, submitted directly by our travelers and guides. There will also be upcoming photo contests for travelers to submit their photos, with winning photos published on our website and our annual catalog.”
The new website features colorful new destination pages that invite closer exploration. Visitors can see all the various trip options and locate in each destination they’ll be visiting on an expandable route map. Visitors can click easy-to-find tabs to see trip highlights and a detailed itinerary. They can then dig deeper with easy-to-find tabs for accommodations, activities, guides, departure dates, pricing, FAQ’s and exciting details about the wildlife that can be seen on the trip.
For those with a penchant for unusually weird and wonderful wildlife, there’s a tab listing the strangest of animals, where they can be seen on each trip and the likelihood of sightings.
A Wild Planet wildlife travel expert is a click away for quick response to questions through a strategically placed interactive chat tool. Traveling with family or friends? Hit the “share” tab. Ready to book? It’s been made as easy as it can be.
“Our new website provides substantial detail in a pleasing format that’s like taking a journey itself. You’re not overwhelmed by information the minute you come to the site,” promised Cohen. “But who can resist the photography when we start with two tiny baby pygmy marmosets that can curl around an index finger!”
Wild Planet Adventures is also pioneering a way for single travelers to find like-minded travel companions. Its TravelBuddies program is a revolutionary new companion finder for single travelers seeking to travel together, share rooms or start a custom departure. Single travelers willing to share a room can avoid paying hefty “single supplements” which can equal up to 50 percent of the trip cost by finding a trip companion through TravelBuddies. The TravelBuddies service is free.
Other new content-rich, interactive enhancements to the site include:
- Large, hi-res images and videos that bring each trip to life.
- Illustrated route maps pinpointing the itinerary.
- Detailed pricing descriptions and departure dates.
- Photos and descriptions of all accommodations.
- Social media integration – Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Pinterest icons that allow users to share content and notify friends when they are considering a trip or have reserved space.
The new website also includes a special feature identified by a "Wild Planet Advantage" icon, indicating the exclusive wildlife features of each trip, which include:
- Unparalleled Wildlife Viewing – Wild Planet’sblend of remote destinations, special wildlife activities and top naturalist guides offers the best possible chance to see rare animals in the wild. “We know of no other company whose itineraries expose their guests to such diversity and quality of wildlife experiences.”
- Exclusive Wildlife Activities - Special expedition strategies are in place to see rare animals. These include unique arrangements for silent approach and intimate habitat access.
- Authentic Tracking - The company’sexpert guides rely on advanced skills, not radios, to find wildlife. They listen for warning cries, track pug marks, look for residue of kills. Guests in turn discover the excitement of real tracking.
- Remote & Non-Commercial Destinations - With Wild Planet Adventures, guests explorevirtually unknown and less traveled areas for the widest variety of wildlife–without the crowds.
- Specialized Wildlife Knowledge - Migrations, seasonal courtship, nesting, peak activity times and secrets for safe, up-close encounters are fortes of this company.
In addition to exclusive viewings of wildlife in their natural habitats, guests learn about best practices to conserve regions and wildlife by visiting eco-responsible rescue centers and research organizations. Expert biologist and naturalist guides operate under strict protocols to minimize impact and habituation. Trip participation also assists conservation efforts.